In addition to assisting with applications for bankruptcy or specified arbitration (tokutei choutei) on behalf of clients, Atsumi & Sakai assists many clients with the negotiation of corporate reorganization, civil rehabilitation, special liquidation and other legal proceedings that might assist a corporation in respect of corporate reorganization. The field of insolvency and corporate turnaround is highly specialized and requires a comprehensive understanding of a constantly changing legal landscape. The insolvency team at Atsumi & Sakai has proven expertise and skill in this field, including lawyers with significant bankruptcy administration experience. The Firm has also worked closely with creditors in various high profile insolvency proceedings, providing advice on specific procedures such as filing claims, creditors meetings, distributions etc, as well as general advice on collection of senior claims from insolvent companies, recovery of assets from insolvent companies, maintaining rights or establishing new rights in relation to insolvent companies, and assisting in negotiations with administrators and other parties on behalf of clients.
- Petitions and other legal work in relation to bankruptcy, corporation reorganization (kaisha kousei), civil rehabilitation (minji saisei) and other insolvency proceedings
- Administration of bankruptcy, corporation reorganization (kaisha kousei), civil rehabilitation (minji saisei) and other insolvency proceedings
- General assistance in relation to insolvency proceedings, both in Japan and overseas
- Negotiations with administrators
- Due diligence of companies under reorganization
- Purchase of assets from insolvent companies