Atsumi & Sakai offers a comprehensive IP and IT practice experienced in license transactions, dispute resolution and litigation in relation to patent rights, trademarks, copyright and the Unfair Competition Prevention Law. The IP&IT practice group handles patent, trademark and other intellectual property disputes involving clients from a range of industries, both Japanese and foreign. The Firm's large translation team and the fact that many lawyers in the Firm can communicate effectively in both English and Japanese contribute to the Firm's strength in this area. In addition to dispute resolution, the Firm has extensive experience negotiating and drafting licensing agreements in relation to patents, trademarks, copyright, trade secrets and other matters.
The Firm's IP&IT experience includes:
- dispute resolution in relation to intellectual property
- licensing of intellectual property
- legal advice in relation to research and development
- various IT related legal advice including e-commerce, electronic agreements and their structure and terms of service
- disputes in relation to defamation and privacy